Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Some Things Never Change

When I was a kid I used to spend hours, sometimes half of a day, building lego armies or castles made of cups—creating worlds for the eminent battles that the afternoon would bring. I, of course, was always the main character. A character I had given personality to in my mind. Day after day, I would construct elaborate scenarios, meticulously minding the details, and then drop my character into the midst to respond to my surroundings and follow my imagination until the entire world had been obliterated, it was too dark to see, or it was time for supper.

I was telling my wife all about my imaginary worlds the other night when it occurred to me that I never really grew out of it. We had just spent the better part of two weeks tracking down costumes, gathering supplies, finding actors, building props and storyboarding scenes for what will ultimately be a three minute promotional video for my production company.

Here are a few still shots from the day. Welcome to one of my many crazy worlds.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. I had to really look twice at some of the pics to see who they were. Very cool. My grandbaby Samantha is a storyteller at age 6. I hope she goes into film making too.

    ReplyDelete